Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Homemade Green Chili Verde Salsa

So Kimberly found a recipe off of a friends blog and she made it with a few changes and when we visited her at her house a few weeks ago, she had me and Scott try her green salsa and oh my!!!!! it was so good~~~so we decided to buy the stuff and can a few jars to have on hand. So last weekend she came up and we spent the afternoon putting it together while enjoying talking about the latest stuff going on in our lives which we don't do enough of.
So we peeled, chopped and chopped and chopped....a food processor is on the santa list after canning this summer. I never used mine so a few yrs ago I got rid of it...I wish I had a dollar for everytime I wished I still had it, I'd have enough money to buy one that blends, dices, slices, chops and cooks breakfast.

Green Chili Verde Salsa cooking



Then after the vegetables cook until soft, you blend it to your
desired consistency. Then pour into clean hot canning jars.
We waterbathed them in a stock pot on the stove since my canning
pot was to big for the stove (camp chef stove was put away for the winter),
which worked wonderfully if I say so myself.


The end results (smile) ah we're going to surely
enjoy this through the winter months.




No comments:

Post a Comment