Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chicken Dutch Oven

I love going camping and eating our chicken dutch oven. I thought the other
day how it sounded so good for dinner and its a way to eat some of the chicken
we bought awhile ago. So last night I put 5 pieces of chicken out to thaw.
I start by putting a half of can of Cream of Mushroom soup on the bottom. I like
to brown my chicken before I put it in the crock pot, I know some people just
add it but I like how it gives it a caramelized taste on it. While the chicken is
browning, (just pepper to season it)
I cut up carrots and potatoes in bite size pieces. (carrots and potatoes
vary in how much to cut up, when making more servings I usually add one pkg
of peeled carrots...I know I am lazy....and 3 cups of potatoes)
You can add some button mushrooms which I don't have today, onions if
desired also.






When the chicken if cooked enough, I layered the pieces of
chicken on the bottom. Then I add 1 can of Cream of Chicken
on top of it.


Then add 1/2 of vegetables on top of soup, then top
with Cream of Mushroom. Then I repeat with more
vegetables, then the soup again to top it off.





I usually cook it for 5-6 hrs on high, then turn down
till dinner time.
I can't wait for dinner tonight...just wish I had some mushrooms in it but oh well....


No comments:

Post a Comment