Friday, August 12, 2011

Take The Time



This summer has went so fast this year. Every year

it seems to go alittle faster. Sometimes I have felt like

I've been swept up into a tornado.....which I have dreamed

this last week that a tornado was coming right for our house

but it passed us by but it got bigger as it went by. They say

dreams have meaning in how we feel about things...well I

guess I need to find peace and relaxation so I can dream of

me relaxing on a sandy beach with the ocean breeze comforting

my inner soul.


So my brother-in-law passed away a few weeks ago. It just

seems so unreal. Six weeks ago we were going about our daily

lives, when we received the news that he had cancer and it didn't

look good. We just take it that our lives each day will go on....

that we actually go on with our daily routines and complain about

the small things that don't go our way....the car that cut us off,

the groceries that keep climbing higher, gas prices, the stock market

that goes up and down like a roller coaster, the house is a mess and

no time to clean it....which I feel like my house has become so bad that

I feel like I am drowning in "the to do list" !!!

We get so busy that we miss the opportunities to get together with

our family, friends or neighbors, until reality hits you in the face.

You never know when the unexpected turn will come into our lives,

so we should make time to give each other a hug, kiss your children,

have a family bbq, make dinner for a friend/family member that could use a

home cooked meal, or to just give someone a call to just say HI!!.


So thank you for being a friend and taking the time to visit me:)


~~~~~~~~~~~~



So a week after my brother-in-law passed away, his daughter Staci

had a baby shower. It was one of the best baby showers I had been

to. She got some cute and beautiful items for the soon to be little girl

in our special family. Boys seem to out number the girls 7 to 2. She had

Ebony almost a week to the day after Conrad's passing. I am sure they

had their own special time in heaven before she came down to stay with us.


So I made a receiving blanklet to put with the items I had gathered

through the last few months. I made them bigger than the normal standard

receiving blanklets, which seems they outgrow and a foot keeps popping out

here and there. I started making them 28 yrs ago when I was about to have

Kimberly, then I made some for Shauna also. I have made a few here and there

for other members of the family. Usually I get carried away making them,

I see all the different cute designs. I probably made 5 or 6 for Landon.




So this is the one I made for Staci.

It has butterflies on it.






The cycle of life continues.....

Sometimes it is hard and sad but then there is the
times it is happy and joyous.

Just make each moment count
Be Happy not sad
Love one another

No comments:

Post a Comment