Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Landon and Peach Jam



So a week ago, my dad dropped off a box of peaches


that he had picked off of a neighbors tree.


I had been wanting to make some peach jam for the


last couple of years but never got around to it. So the


opportunity arised for me to be able to put some up.




Kimberly came up to help out and of course I had my


buddy who was all eager to help out also.




We put up the camp chef out on the deck to put the canner


on. The pot is bigger than the burners on my ceramic stove top


and it gave us more room on the stove to cook the peach jam.


The camp chef cooks alot hotter than the regular stove, so I didn't


want to burn the peach jam mixture.



We just followed the directions that came inside the pectin

box.

We just used 4 Cups peaches (processed by food processor)

5 1/2 Cups sugar

2 Tablespoons lemon juice

l box of pectin



Landon cooking on the camp chef





Landon helping put up peach jam



Landon picking up a lid with the jar picker up

tool (lol...can't think whats its called, brain cramp...)






Landon holding the lid with the sissor tool.

I tried to hold it like he did on the edge of the lid

and I couldn't do it, so how does a 2 1/2 yr old do it?






YUMMY !!! PEACH JAM



10 pints and 30 half pints



It always makes you feel good to make something

and see the reward that you can enjoy all year long.











No comments:

Post a Comment