Sunday, May 22, 2011

Do you recycle?

So I try to be environmental friendly and try to do my


part to try to save this earth's resources.




I take one of these paper bags to the local paper recycling


bin about every other day. I put the paper's from the circular's


in this bag along with envelopes/papers from the mail.


My local and Sunday newspapers are also recycled.


I have also started taking cardboard from boxes from cereal, rice a roni,


medicine, pepsi, toliet paper rolls, etc.


Check your local recycling center to see what items they will take.


On some of the bins will have a list of what items they will accept


posted on the front of them.




Did you know that one person will use one logging truck full of timber


in one year. Just think of the paper you write on, toliet paper, paper towels,


napkins (in fast food restaurants), newspapers, cardboard boxes (that contain


your breakfast, lunch or dinner) are all paper goods that come from thousands


of trees that harvested every year.


I have a medium size garbage can in my hallway closet that I use to keep

the papers to be recycled. It is close to deposit any papers easily and fast

any time of the day.

When it gets full I get a paper sack and put all

the papers/cardboard into it and put in my car to be

dropped off when I go up town.





I usually get my paper bags from grocery stores that offer


paper bags. When bagging my groceries they will ask what kind


of bags you'd like. I always get the paper ones, so I can recycle


them. They will break down where plastic bags will stay in the


local landfill for 1,000 years. Which brings me to my next subject.


Do you recycle your plastic bags?


I usually gather the plastic bags I don't want after shopping and


put them in my trunk of my car. Then when I go to Walmart or


other grocery stores that collect plastic bags I will deposit them into


their collection boxes that is located near the front entrance of the store.


I usually get mine from a local grocery store Macey's.




When you recycle you also save on the resources to make new items,


like electricity and water.




If you are interested in recycling as much as possible, one good


site that is available to learn as much as possible while earning points


to redeem for coupons or other items is the Recycle Bank.


I have already received 2 coupons for 4 free cans of cat food each.




So the next time your drive up town, drive by your local recycling bin


and deposit a bag in the recycle dumpster or when you go to Walmart


deposit your bag full of plastic bags when you walk through the door.


It only takes a few moments of your time to protect mother earth as much


as possible because....




she is the only one !!!







No comments:

Post a Comment