Thursday, September 9, 2010

Joyce's Peanut Butter Bar's

While we were in Island Park labor day weekend, a cold front came in and cool things down that the last 2 nights our water froze outside (which we found out the temperature got down to 27 degrees). I took stuff up to make some peanut butter bars, I figured that would make us warm and give us a treat at the same time. I have a great friend that is my "Paula Deen" she has some great recipes and knows how to cook and it makes my husband beg for her homemade cooking. I hope she doesn't mind if I share it with you guys.

Peanut Butter Bars
1/2 Cup Butter 1 egg 1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar 1/3 Cup Peanut Butter 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup flour 1/4 teaspoon Salt 1 Cup oatmeal
Combine butter, sugar together, then add the egg. Add rest of ingredients
Cook 350-375 degrees for 10-15 minutes. (under cook it or until its soft on top or it'll get crunchie) Makes 10x13 pan or double for a sheet cake.
Frosting
Add peanut butter to chocolate store frosting, just to give it a flavor

No comments:

Post a Comment